As a lady driver, I find myself with auto issues that I cannot fix myself. I know that sounds a bit sexist, but as a full time parent of four, I really don't get presented with opportunities to drive my vehicle to the shop and sit around for a couple of hours with the babies. All of my full time parent readers will completely understand what I mean. I was at the doctor's office this morning for a pretend injury for my two year old, and I am not kidding when I say that girl was convincing. Even sitting there with her and my six month old, my children got restless and suffered from severe boredom. That was just the doctor's office, where they were in no danger of running out into a car repair bay area and slipping on oil or some other hazardous waste. While I'm almost positive that doesn't actually happen; at least, I hope it doesn't, it is still one of my many anxieties taking children to a car repair shop. That, and kids get hungry, have to go to the bathroom, fight with each other, and talk to creepy strangers. It is a place I would not mind so much going into alone, but I cannot even describe the full extent of the hassle and chaos that ensues from releasing my young ones into an auto repair shop waiting room.
So I was looking on The Home Depot website under Tools and Automotive, and I just couldn't help but wonder how much easier my life as a full time mom would be if The Home Depot offered a mobile auto repair service. I know that would mean creating an entirely new department, which creates entirely new laws and rules and regulations for The Home Depot to adhere to, but it would be easier for me. Right now, The Home Depot has a pretty square website with a user friendly interface and an array of departments to keep a shopper shopping. I was fairly impressed with the easy to navigate pages and the interactive tools to quickly answer questions or resolve issues; such as, the feedback and live chat tools. Each of those offers a shopper the chance to be heard about their online experience. This keeps in with the Customer Service and Support portion of the Internet Paradigm. The website boasts online DIY Workshops to guide a customer through projects, and there is information galore about every tool and gadget available through The Home Depot. I would like to see a direct link to their social media pages for a way to discuss, share, and learn about experiences with other customers. Perhaps if I could get enough yeses from other customers in a public discussion for a mobile auto service department, The Home Depot would consider doing such a thing. It could be momentous.
So I was looking on The Home Depot website under Tools and Automotive, and I just couldn't help but wonder how much easier my life as a full time mom would be if The Home Depot offered a mobile auto repair service. I know that would mean creating an entirely new department, which creates entirely new laws and rules and regulations for The Home Depot to adhere to, but it would be easier for me. Right now, The Home Depot has a pretty square website with a user friendly interface and an array of departments to keep a shopper shopping. I was fairly impressed with the easy to navigate pages and the interactive tools to quickly answer questions or resolve issues; such as, the feedback and live chat tools. Each of those offers a shopper the chance to be heard about their online experience. This keeps in with the Customer Service and Support portion of the Internet Paradigm. The website boasts online DIY Workshops to guide a customer through projects, and there is information galore about every tool and gadget available through The Home Depot. I would like to see a direct link to their social media pages for a way to discuss, share, and learn about experiences with other customers. Perhaps if I could get enough yeses from other customers in a public discussion for a mobile auto service department, The Home Depot would consider doing such a thing. It could be momentous.
Comments
Post a Comment